PSRS has an ongoing need for Community Support Specialists to work with developmentally disabled clients in local communities around the Puget Sound Region — our organization currently has programs in Federal Way, Covington, Kent, Renton and Seattle’s Queen Anne neighborhood.
Qualified applicants will meet the following basic requirements:
- Hold a high school diploma or GED
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid Washington state driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable transportation
- Work a weekend shift as part of their permanent schedule
- Be able to be licensed by the Department of Health
- Pass an FBI background check, looking for misdemeanors and felonies
- Be able to push, pull and lift at least 50 lbs., as well as walk two to four miles
- Read, write and communicate in English or ASL
- Perform job responsibilities with professional conduct on a continuum
- Be able to work collaboratively with co-workers, management and extended service team members
At various times Community Support Specialist will work in both highly independent and intensely team oriented environments. A successful candidate must be able to function effectively in this dynamic arrangement – patience, collaboration, honesty, integrity, and the ability to accept constructive criticism & performance feedback with professionalism are requirements of the job.